Week 2 Discussion: Fight against cancer
Week 2 Discussion: Fight against cancer
The global community is plagued by increasing incidence of lung cancer, colorectal cancer, breast and pancreatic cancers, prostate cancer, leukemia, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, liver, ovarian and esophageal cancers. Other types of cancer exist but are less frequent. What is the scientific community doing to attempt to eliminate the most common forms of cancer that are ravaging our society?
1. Be certain you’ve read your textbook’s chapter on cell division, specifically the last section on how cells become cancerous. This is context for completing Individual Assignment 3.
2. Watch the Presentation (text book reading) entitled: “Ways to Fight Cancer”. Notice that the presentation outlines essentially 3 approaches to fighting cancer: a) reduction of cancer risks, b) correction of cancer genes, and c) destruction of cancerous tissue.
3. In the Individual Assigntment 3: 10 Discoveries in the War on Cancer document is a set of 10 scientists’ discoveries. Scan the discoveries briefly. In the text box, number from 1 to 10 for the 10 discoveries listed below.
4. Now reflect carefully on the first discovery (#1). Would this discovery be more useful for (a) reducing cancer risks, (b) correcting/restoring cancer cells to normal, or (c) destroying cancerous tissue? After number 1 in your list, place in parentheses the letter representing the approach to fighting cancer that will best be served by this new discovery. (More than one approach may be served. But which is most likely to be helped most significantly?)
5. Now repeat this analysis for each of the remaining 9 discoveries. Return to the “Ways to Fight Cancer” presentation as needed for additional perspective. When finished, your entire text box should be simple: a numbered (1-10) list of letters a, b or c. That’s it! Assignment done.
6. Ten points are granted for each correct association up to 6 correct. If you get any 6 correct out of 10, you get a perfect score (60 pts.) on the assignment. Your assignment is
Topic: What Should You Eat
You probably want to live a long and healthy life on this earth. What are you willing to do to make that possible? Here is an assignment that can improve the quality of what you eat, and hence, the quality of your life. Let’s develop the rudiments of a maintenance diet for you—a desirable, workable, realistic, non-faddish maintenance diet. You have four reference sources:
• Your textbook’s chapter on biomolecules; how they are built and used
• The Bible, any texts that pertain to nutrition (be very selective here!)
• The course Presentation entitled “Biomolecules and Nutrition”< /li>
• a Google source, such as: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/HG72/hg72_2002.pdf
Build your diet using the same biomolecular categories you read about in your textbook—your diet will contain: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids, vitamins, and minerals.
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPERS
For your Thread:
1. List the above six categories.
2. Under each category, list eight separate specific foods that are well known to be high in that category. Do not reuse any food under a second category. You will thus select 48 foods for your diet—not a huge variety, but it’s a start!
• Most really good foods are high in more than one category. This gives you flexibility in building your list. Salmon is high in proteins, vitamins, lipids, nucleic acids, and minerals. What is it highest in? Use it under only one heading.
• For carbohydrates you could select either pasta or ice cream. For nucleic acids, you can select virtually any plant or animal tissue, right? (what cell lacks DNA?) The goal is to select individual foods that are high in content in that category, but that are optimal nutritionally in every other way as well!
• What is in the food item you’ve selected? Check out your 4th source above (especially Table 9). Week 2 Discussion: Fight against cancer
• Except for carbs, your other five categories could be entirely meats! Is that wise? Consider also the dietary wisdom found in the Bible and in USDA food pyramids.
• Remember fiber and liquids. Non-distilled water fits well under one of those categories!
Along with your six lists of eight foods, you may submit up to two Bible passages that you feel most constrain your thinking on these things.
Spend the whole first week optimizing your list. You may freely visit other student’s lists to see what they have chosen—(but then they become your authority). Your goal is always to improve your own list. Please include about 54 words for your diet (6 headings + 48 foods) with space left over for two Bible verses for a total of 100 words.
Topic: Birth Control
You and your classmates are experts in reproductive physiology. You have been hired collectively as an advisory service. The Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA) is producing a website devoted to helping young married women to evaluate and compare a variety of birth control measures. Your advisory service will have three reference sources:
• Your textbook’s chapter on human reproduction, specifically the section on “control of birth”
• The course Presentation entitled “Birth Control Issues”
• Trusted web sites dealing with birth control
Below is a set of six general categories of birth control that your panel must evaluate for CMDA:
• Pills/patches/rings (estrogen + progestin)
• Sympto-thermal + condom/diaphragm
• Intra-uterine device (ParaGard, Mirena)
• Surgical – vasectomy
• Surgical – tubal ligation
For your Thread: As an advisory panelist, briefly research each of these categories with regard to their: a) protection of newly conceived life, b) protection of maternal health c) reversibility and d) effectiveness. Select the category of control you personally believe to be the best balance of these four categories.
Use three numbered sentences to: a) state the category you have chosen, b) Explain its principle virtues (using multiple phrases as necessary), and c) its limitations. Week 2 Discussion: Fight against cancer
Clients' Reviews about Our Services
Brilliant services. I ordered a 4 page essay and it was delivered in less than 24hours with every detail intact!
Aceassignment is the way to go. The writers are humble and patient with clients. I know this after using the website for about an year
My writer did a brilliant job. Not only did he/she deliver the paper on time, it was superb as my professor granted me an A without any criticism
I was running late with my assignment. I run into smartwrite.com on google, placed my order and within less than 18 hours my page essay was delivered. Thank you Aceassignment.
I've been using Aceassignment for about 2 years. My writer always delivers quality work. Mind you whenever I request for a revision it's always done ASAP and free of charge
At first, I was scared and hesitant about using this website. Didn't know if they would deliver, but they assured me they will. And for sure they did. I will definitely continue to use their service!
Easy to use website. You simply give your essay's instructions, make payment and before you known it the paper is delivered to you.
Unlike other platforms, this website is quite cheap and the quality is high. I have them manage my whole class and everything has been smooth this far.
Thanks for the excellent job. Swift and on the subject, just the way I like it. The Support team was quite nice to me, helped me with the order placing process.
They are a marvel. I love their support team, they are so polite, it’s like speaking to a butler or something. Very pleasant people and good service of course.
Thank you for the help, I took my time and ordered a 14 days long essay. It came much earlier, around 7 days after I ordered it. Oh, and it was good, of course. I like the writer who did that, will definitely use again.
What I received was great. I forgot to mention in the instructions field that I needed reference page and by default, there was 0 in the number of references. I was surprised to see a full-fledged reference page in my paper with relevant citations. Bravo!
I was bombarding him with fine tuning and he handled it professionally. Thank you I will hire again the writer
Provided exceptional essay writing help in a short period of time. I plan to work with writer on many more projects!
Awesome paper in such a short amount of time. Was in a jam with another service who didn't deliver, but my writer did the job correctly. I will use her again to do my essays for sure!
Pretty good essay writer. I only made a couple of adjustments. She caught some instructions for the essay writing assignment that I didn't even notice, including them which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend.
It was a very long paper, but she followed all the instructions, and she even finished the paper 5 days before the due date. Will write an essay with her again, thanks!
Writer was timely and proficient. I had to ask for a revision, but I got it back quickly with no other issues. Would use this essay writing service again.
Paper writing was prepared and submitted prior to the completed request date, and there were changes made quickly after I requested. This paper writer was accurate with numbers.
The first time I ordered here and it was a success. I received my order on time and according to my instructions, the professor gave me. The two points they claim to excel in are true. Thank you!
When I first discovered this website I was hesitant on whether they will deliver a plag free paper. The support team reassured me of their plagiarism policy. In deed they kept their word as the paper I got was authentic and plagiarism free.
Need a Custom paper?
Order Now and get a high quality, unique and plagiarism free paper that will guarantee you amazing results!!