Human Behavior and Social Development PowerPoint Presentation
Congratulations! The hiring committee was impressed by your interview, and you were offered the position. Now, you have been tasked with your first major project. For this assignment, you have been asked to create a professional PowerPoint presentation for the team, identifying a social issue of a marginalized target population (children with autism spectrum disorder, aggressive/violent children, sexually abused children, children in foster care, children who are victimized by bullies, etc.) in a specific age cohort (early childhood, middle childhood, or adolescence). The presentation needs to include research-informed models specific to the population of choice. In addition, it must include an advocacy piece for the selected population on a policy, micro, or macro level, paying particular attention to multiculturalism and diversity, social justice, and inequality.
Be sure to use a professional template and create a presentation that is visually appealing by including the use of graphics and SmartArt to streamline information in a memorable manner. Select the key information that should be provided directly on the slide for your presentation. Details to support your slides, as if you are presenting, are required in the notes section. Please read the assignment requirements for details on the guidelines and expectations.
For this assignment, please respond to the following:
Slide 1: Title Slide
Slides 2 & 3: Social Issue and Population
- Present a brief introduction of the issue and population of your choice.
- Articulate a specific issue that affects a vulnerable population and discuss published research studies on the issue and population.
- Please locate at least two articles to support your responses.
Slide 4: Ecosystems and Biopsychosocial Perspectives
- Discuss the development of the issue for the selected population.
- Identify key information about the issue or population using the ecosystems perspective.
- Discuss the issue or population from a biopsychosocial perspective.
- Illustrate the roles of family and community in the issue.
Slides 5 & 6: Developmental Theory
- Select a theory and use it to analyze the issue/population of your choice.
- Explore the theory in terms of cultural effectiveness and compatibility.
Slides 7, 8, & 9: Policy and Practice Model
- Discuss a related policy that advocates the well-being of the population of your choice.
- Briefly explain how the policy promotes social justice and responds to inequality and institutional discrimination that affect marginalized populations.
Slides 10 & 11: Services Related to Policy
- Next, research and identify a program, preferably one that exists in your community or state, which provides services related to this policy.
- Explain the program’s purpose or mission, the location/demographics, the target population, and interventions provided within the program. For example, a behavioral health program that serves youth ages 13–18 in a certain location providing individual and group counseling interventions.
- How do the program and policy address at least two of the following: social justice principles, systemic or institutional barriers, and inequality and poverty?
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of both the policy and the program in terms of how well they address multiculturalism and diversity. For example, do the policy and program specifically reach out to diverse populations, or do they ignore or limit the multicultural dimensions of helping?
Slide 12: References
- Include a minimum of four scholarly, academic sources (with one of these references being the textbook) listed in APA format.
Clients' Reviews about Our Services
Client ID 45637
Brilliant services. I ordered a 4 page essay and it was delivered in less than 24hours with every detail intact!
Client ID 45783
Aceassignment is the way to go. The writers are humble and patient with clients. I know this after using the website for about an year
Client ID 45214
My writer did a brilliant job. Not only did she delivered the paper on time and it was superb as my professor granted me an A without any criticism
Client ID 45009
I was running late with my assignment. I run into aceassignment on google, placed my order and within less than 18 hours my page essay was delivered. Thank you Aceassignment.
Client ID 45870
I've been using Aceassignment for about 2 years. My writer always delivers quality work. Mind you whenever I request for a revision it's always done ASAP and free of charge
Client ID 44218
At first, I was scared and hesitant about using this website. Didn't know if they would deliver, but they assured me they will. And for sure they did. I will definitely continue to use their service!
Client ID 45622
Easy to use website. You simply give your essay's instructions, make payment and before you known it the paper is delivered to you.
Client ID 43964
Unlike other platforms, this website is quite cheap and the quality is high. I have them manage my whole class and everything has been smooth this far.
Client ID 41996
Thanks for the excellent job. Swift and on the subject, just the way I like it. The Support team was quite nice to me, helped me with the order placing process.
Client ID 47654
They are a marvel. I love their support team, they are so polite, it’s like speaking to a butler or something. Very pleasant people and good service of course.
Client ID 45670
Thank you for the help, I took my time and ordered a 14 days long essay. It came much earlier, around 7 days after I ordered it. Oh, and it was good, of course. I like the writer who did that, will definitely use again.
Client ID 22368
What I received was great. I forgot to mention in the instructions field that I needed reference page and by default, there was 0 in the number of references. I was surprised to see a full-fledged reference page in my paper with relevant citations. Bravo!
Client ID 46325
I was bombarding him with fine tuning and he handled it professionally. Thank you I will hire again the writer
Client ID 456820
Provided exceptional essay writing help in a short period of time. I plan to work with writer on many more projects!
Client ID 36890
Awesome paper in such a short amount of time. Was in a jam with another service who didn't deliver, but my writer did the job correctly. I will use her again to do my essays for sure!
Client ID 41427
Pretty good essay writer. I only made a couple of adjustments. She caught some instructions for the essay writing assignment that I didn't even notice, including them which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend.
Client ID 45009
It was a very long paper, but the writer followed all the instructions, and she even finished the paper 5 days before the due date. Will write an essay with her again, thanks!
Client ID 36984
Writer was timely and proficient. I had to ask for a revision, but I got it back quickly with no other issues. Would use this essay writing service again.
Client ID 42960
Paper writing was prepared and submitted prior to the completed request date, and there were changes made quickly after I requested. This paper writer was accurate with numbers.
Client ID 31638
The first time I ordered here and it was a success. I received my order on time and according to my instructions. Thank you!
Client ID 46041
When I first discovered this website I was hesitant on whether they will deliver a plag free paper. The support team reassured me of their plagiarism policy. In deed they kept their word as the paper I got was authentic and plagiarism free.