Discussion Week 2: Alterations in Cellular Processes
Discussion Week 2: Alterations in Cellular Processes
· At its core, pathology is the study of disease. Diseases occur for many reasons. But some, such as cystic fibrosis and Parkinson’s Disease, occur because of alterations that prevent cells from functioning normally.
· Understanding of signals and symptoms of alterations in cellular processes is a critical step in diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. For the Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), this understanding can also help educate patients and guide them through their treatment plans.
· For this Discussion, you examine a case study and explain the disease that is suggested. You examine the symptoms reported and explain the cells that are involved and potential alterations and impacts.
A 27-year-old patient with a history of substance abuse is found unresponsive by emergency medical services (EMS) after being called by the patient’s roommate. The roommate states that he does not know how long the patient had been lying there. Patient received naloxone in the field and has become responsive. He complains of burning pain over his left hip and forearm. Evaluation in the ED revealed a large amount of necrotic tissue over the greater trochanter as well as the forearm. EKG demonstrated prolonged PR interval and peaked T waves. Serum potassium level 6.9 mEq/L.
Post an explanation of the disease highlighted in the scenario you were provided. Include the following in your explanation:
The role genetics plays in the disease.
· Why the patient is presenting with the specific symptoms described.
· The physiologic response to the stimulus presented in the scenario and why you think this response occurred.
· The cells that are involved in this process.
· How another characteristic (e.g., gender, genetics) would change your response.
McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
· Chapter 1: Cellular Biology; Summary Review
· Chapter 2: Altered Cellular and Tissue Biology: Environmental Agents (pp. 46-61; begin again with Manifestations of Cellular Injury pp. 83-97); Summary Review
· Chapter 3: The Cellular Environment: Fluids and Electrolytes, Acids, and Bases
· Chapter 4: Genes and Genetic Diseases (stop at Elements of formal genetics); Summary Review
· Chapter 5: Genes, Environment-Lifestyle, and Common Diseases (stop at Genetics of common diseases); Summary Review
· Chapter 7: Innate Immunity: Inflammation and Wound Healing
· Chapter 8: Adaptive Immunity (stop at Generation of clonal diversity); Summary Review
· Chapter 9: Alterations in Immunity and Inflammation (stop at Deficiencies in immunity); Summary Review
· Chapter 10: Infection (pp. 289–303; stop at Infectious parasites and protozoans); (start at HIV); Summary Review
· Chapter 11: Stress and Disease (stop at Stress, illness & coping); Summary Review
· Chapter 12: Cancer Biology (stop at Resistance to destruction); Summary Review
· Chapter 13: Cancer Epidemiology (stop at Environmental-Lifestyle factors); Summary Review
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPERS
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument
Clients' Reviews about Our Services
Client ID 45637
Brilliant services. I ordered a 4 page essay and it was delivered in less than 24hours with every detail intact!
Client ID 45783
Aceassignment is the way to go. The writers are humble and patient with clients. I know this after using the website for about an year
Client ID 45214
My writer did a brilliant job. Not only did she delivered the paper on time and it was superb as my professor granted me an A without any criticism
Client ID 45009
I was running late with my assignment. I run into aceassignment on google, placed my order and within less than 18 hours my page essay was delivered. Thank you Aceassignment.
Client ID 45870
I've been using Aceassignment for about 2 years. My writer always delivers quality work. Mind you whenever I request for a revision it's always done ASAP and free of charge
Client ID 44218
At first, I was scared and hesitant about using this website. Didn't know if they would deliver, but they assured me they will. And for sure they did. I will definitely continue to use their service!
Client ID 45622
Easy to use website. You simply give your essay's instructions, make payment and before you known it the paper is delivered to you.
Client ID 43964
Unlike other platforms, this website is quite cheap and the quality is high. I have them manage my whole class and everything has been smooth this far.
Client ID 41996
Thanks for the excellent job. Swift and on the subject, just the way I like it. The Support team was quite nice to me, helped me with the order placing process.
Client ID 47654
They are a marvel. I love their support team, they are so polite, it’s like speaking to a butler or something. Very pleasant people and good service of course.
Client ID 45670
Thank you for the help, I took my time and ordered a 14 days long essay. It came much earlier, around 7 days after I ordered it. Oh, and it was good, of course. I like the writer who did that, will definitely use again.
Client ID 22368
What I received was great. I forgot to mention in the instructions field that I needed reference page and by default, there was 0 in the number of references. I was surprised to see a full-fledged reference page in my paper with relevant citations. Bravo!
Client ID 46325
I was bombarding him with fine tuning and he handled it professionally. Thank you I will hire again the writer
Client ID 456820
Provided exceptional essay writing help in a short period of time. I plan to work with writer on many more projects!
Client ID 36890
Awesome paper in such a short amount of time. Was in a jam with another service who didn't deliver, but my writer did the job correctly. I will use her again to do my essays for sure!
Client ID 41427
Pretty good essay writer. I only made a couple of adjustments. She caught some instructions for the essay writing assignment that I didn't even notice, including them which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend.
Client ID 45009
It was a very long paper, but the writer followed all the instructions, and she even finished the paper 5 days before the due date. Will write an essay with her again, thanks!
Client ID 36984
Writer was timely and proficient. I had to ask for a revision, but I got it back quickly with no other issues. Would use this essay writing service again.
Client ID 42960
Paper writing was prepared and submitted prior to the completed request date, and there were changes made quickly after I requested. This paper writer was accurate with numbers.
Client ID 31638
The first time I ordered here and it was a success. I received my order on time and according to my instructions. Thank you!
Client ID 46041
When I first discovered this website I was hesitant on whether they will deliver a plag free paper. The support team reassured me of their plagiarism policy. In deed they kept their word as the paper I got was authentic and plagiarism free.