Assignment 4: Comprehensive Final SOAP Note
Assignment 4: Comprehensive Final SOAP Note
Write a SOAP note for a patient seen in a practicum that required a comprehensive history and physical examination. Submit your note, following the SOAP Rubric (This is very important). Support your paper with 3 nursing articles not older than 5 yrs. Please see the attached document for an example of a soap note. However, remember this is a more detailed comprehensive Soap Note So make sure to cover the Rubric Requirement.
ORDER NOW FOR CUSTOMIZED, PLAGIARISM-FREE PAPERS
Mrs. Martha, J returns to the clinic with her husband for a Post Parkinson’s disease diagnosis follow-up. she was last seen in the office few months ago. In general, she is doing about the same. she thinks that perhaps her balance might be occasionally off, though she has had no falls. She remains active, going for walks three times a week.
After a thorough neurological assessment by the doctor, Patient is tolerating the medications very well without any sleep disturbance, excessive somnolence, nausea or vomiting. Patient stated she’s doing very well. She is very independent with everything like her daily living activities and self ambulates independently without any issues. Since her last visits to the doctors, she has had tremendous improvement with all her symptoms of parkinsonism. She has monetized her diet, limited salt and sodium intake. She has had zero episodes of syncope or presyncope episode since her last doctor visit. She stated that her tremor is currently intermittently and mild. It is mostly in the left hand. She continues to do hand and wrist exercise, yoga twice a week and walk out on the treadmill three times a week. she denies any hallucinations, depression, cognitive deficits, delusions, dysphagia, hypophonia, dysarthria, falls, freezing of gait, or sensory changes. She sometimes has mild constipation and bladder urgency. which improves with diet modification and proper fluid and fiber intake. Assignment 4: Comprehensive Final SOAP Note
REVIEW OF SYSTEMS
· General: Patient denies any weight loss/ or excessive gain, no fever, fatigue, weakness or night sweats
· Skin: patient denies any skin issues, rashes, or itching. Patient reports the use of sunscreen whenever needed especially when outside in the sun
· Hair/nails: patient reports no change in her nails or hair loss.
· Head: patient denies any headaches, or any history of head injury, or dizziness
· Eyes: Patient denies any difficulty with vision, pain or dryness, stated he uses glasses.
· Ears: Patient denies any ear problems, no hearing aids with hearing, denies any pain, vertigo, tinnitus, discharge, or any history infections
· Nose and sinus: patient reports that she sometimes gets occasional colds or sinus infections.
· Mouth and throat: Patient deny any mouth problems or infection, denies any bleeding from the gums, no sore throat, she stated that her last dental exam was normal, denies any change in taste or swallowing.
· Neck: Patient denies any pain or stiffness.
· Breasts: Patient denies any breast pain or lumps during her routine self-assessment
· Respiratory system: Patient denies any respiratory issues, no wheezing, no Sob or any history lung disorder
· Cardiovascular: Patient denies any cardiac concern or pain, she reports no signs heart trouble or difficulty breathing.
· Peripheral Vascular: Patient denies any leg cramps, varicose veins, denies any history of blood clots, swelling, coldness or numbness
· Gastrointestinal: Patient reports good appetite, reports food intolerances, denies any concerns with heartburn, she stated she has normal bowel movements.
· Urinary: Patient denies any difficulty urinating, denies any burning sensation, nocturia, polyuria, hesitancy, straining
· Genitals: Patient denials any Genitalia Development or issues Assignment 4: Comprehensive Final SOAP Note
· Sexual health: Patient reports Normal sexual habit.
· Musculoskeletal system: Patient denies any muscle or joint pains, stiffness, arthritis, gout, back pain, swelling, redness, stiffness, ROM
· Neuro: Patient Denies any fainting, blackouts, seizures, however reports signs of weakness, paralysis, numbness, tingling, tremors in her lower extremities. Especially on the right side of her body
· Psyche: Patient denies any sign of depression, nervousness, anxiety or abnormal mood changes.
· Hematologic: Patient denies any sign of bleeding, tiredness or bruising.
· Endocrine: Patient denies any history of diabetes diagnosis or issues.
· Activity/Exercise- Patient walk three times a week
· Sleep/rest- Patient reports getting adequate sleep at night, 8 hrs. daily
· Nutrition/elimination-Patient reports eating well balanced diet and have a normal bowel movement
· Relationships/resources- Patient reports being married for 20yrs
· Spirituality- Patient reports being a Christian
· Coping and stress management- Patient report Nothing currently in her life that is stressful.
· Safety- Patient lives at home with her husband and two children, reports being safe
· Past Medical history -Asthma
· Past Surgical history – Patient report having C-Section when she had her kids.
· Psycho/Social history: Patient denies any drug use, EtOH, drugs, smoking, vaping.
· Family history- Patient reports Both parents are still living and very healthy
· Medications- Patient reports being?
· Allergies- Patient denies any known allergies
· Immunizations- Patient reports that all her immunization are up to dates
Patient vital signs Vital Signs: Heart rate 78, blood pressure 134/70, respiratory rate 18. Patient is very nice and pleasant; she appears to look younger than her age. Clear Lungs sounds upon auscultation bilaterally. Normal S1 and S2, regular heart rate noted with rhythm, No Nuchal rigidity noted, Normocephalic. Neurologic: patient is alert and oriented to place, person, and time, and situation. Fluent English language with intact reading, comprehension, naming, and repetition. She was able to register and repeat 4 out of 4 words and recall 4 out of 5 at 5 minutes, 4 out of 4 with prompting. she was able to give accurate details of her remote and recent history. A very good historian as well. She was able to do serial 7s without challenges. She has no right/right confusion, apraxia, neglect or finger agnosia. Cranial Nerves: Patient’s Pupils are equal, round, and reactive to light. Her visual fields are intact to confrontation. Ocular movements are intact, Normal fundi. her face is symmetric and equal. Her hearing is intact to finger rub bilaterally. The tongue and palate muscle activate symmetrically. No dysarthria. her strength is full in trapezius and sternocleidomastoid bilaterally. Motor: patient has normal skin tone and bulk, 4/5 strength in all extremities secondary to Parkinson disease. No pronator drift noted. Reflexes: 1+ in the knees, 2+ in her upper extremities trace at the ankles. She has plantar response is flexor on both extremities. Sensory: she’s Intact to light touch, vibration bilaterally and pinprick. Coordination: Patient coordination was normal, No dysmetria on finger-nose-finger or heel-knee-shin. Normal rapid alternating movements. Fast finger tapping with normal amplitude and speed. Based on the full assessment, no bigger changes made to patient care plan however her Sinemet medication was increase to 25/100 mg 1-1/2 tablets to three times a day
The patient diagnosed with idiopathic young-onset Parkinson disease with no new significant changesAssignment 4: Comprehensive Final SOAP Note
· she seems to be doing very well on her medication regimen. We discuss more about her recent diagnosis with Parkinson, I encourage her continue with her daily exercise, and I will schedule her for a follow-up in six months.
· No abnormal findings noted.
· If patient has any Neurological changes or change in mental status, she must dial 911 or call the Nurse practitioner.
· Patients encourage to be active, eat a well-balanced diet, and get adequate sleep.
· Follow up for any other changes.
Dains, J. E., Baumann, L. C., & Scheibel, P. (2012). Advance health assessment and clinical
diagnosis in primary care. (4th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
Muhrer, Jill C. (2014). The importance of the history and physical in diagnosis. The Nurse
Practitioner: Volume 39-issue 4, P30-35. Retrieved on July 21st , 2020 from https://journals.lww.com/tnpj/Fulltext/2014/04000/The_importance_of_the_history_and_physical_in.6.aspx
Johnson., J, Thompson. J. (1996). Rehabilitation in a neuroscience Centre: the role of expert
assessment and selection. British Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation. 3(6):303-8.
Ackley, B. J., & Ladwig, G. B. (2010). Nursing diagnosis handbook: an evidence-based guide to
planning care (9th ed.). Maryland Heights, Mo.: Mosby.
Clients' Reviews about Our Services
Brilliant services. I ordered a 4 page essay and it was delivered in less than 24hours with every detail intact!
Aceassignment is the way to go. The writers are humble and patient with clients. I know this after using the website for about an year
My writer did a brilliant job. Not only did he/she deliver the paper on time, it was superb as my professor granted me an A without any criticism
I was running late with my assignment. I run into smartwrite.com on google, placed my order and within less than 18 hours my page essay was delivered. Thank you Aceassignment.
I've been using Aceassignment for about 2 years. My writer always delivers quality work. Mind you whenever I request for a revision it's always done ASAP and free of charge
At first, I was scared and hesitant about using this website. Didn't know if they would deliver, but they assured me they will. And for sure they did. I will definitely continue to use their service!
Easy to use website. You simply give your essay's instructions, make payment and before you known it the paper is delivered to you.
Unlike other platforms, this website is quite cheap and the quality is high. I have them manage my whole class and everything has been smooth this far.
Thanks for the excellent job. Swift and on the subject, just the way I like it. The Support team was quite nice to me, helped me with the order placing process.
They are a marvel. I love their support team, they are so polite, it’s like speaking to a butler or something. Very pleasant people and good service of course.
Thank you for the help, I took my time and ordered a 14 days long essay. It came much earlier, around 7 days after I ordered it. Oh, and it was good, of course. I like the writer who did that, will definitely use again.
What I received was great. I forgot to mention in the instructions field that I needed reference page and by default, there was 0 in the number of references. I was surprised to see a full-fledged reference page in my paper with relevant citations. Bravo!
I was bombarding him with fine tuning and he handled it professionally. Thank you I will hire again the writer
Provided exceptional essay writing help in a short period of time. I plan to work with writer on many more projects!
Awesome paper in such a short amount of time. Was in a jam with another service who didn't deliver, but my writer did the job correctly. I will use her again to do my essays for sure!
Pretty good essay writer. I only made a couple of adjustments. She caught some instructions for the essay writing assignment that I didn't even notice, including them which was a pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend.
It was a very long paper, but she followed all the instructions, and she even finished the paper 5 days before the due date. Will write an essay with her again, thanks!
Writer was timely and proficient. I had to ask for a revision, but I got it back quickly with no other issues. Would use this essay writing service again.
Paper writing was prepared and submitted prior to the completed request date, and there were changes made quickly after I requested. This paper writer was accurate with numbers.
The first time I ordered here and it was a success. I received my order on time and according to my instructions, the professor gave me. The two points they claim to excel in are true. Thank you!
When I first discovered this website I was hesitant on whether they will deliver a plag free paper. The support team reassured me of their plagiarism policy. In deed they kept their word as the paper I got was authentic and plagiarism free.
Need a Custom paper?
Order Now and get a high quality, unique and plagiarism free paper that will guarantee you amazing results!!